The Policy Learning Platform organised a workshop on fostering citizen-focused urban mobility on 26 November 2019 in Brussels. (Concept and moderation by Thematic Experts of low-carbon economy, Simon Hunkin and Katharina Krell and Thematic Expert of environment and resource efficiency, Astrid Severin.)
The workshop explored the challenges of urban mobility and the transition to a more equitable and inclusive mobility system, with a particular focus on modernising public transportation, encouraging active transportation and integrating urban planning measures.
Access the follow-up brief of the workshop to discover the highlights, key-learnings and recommendations of the workshop.
- Simon Hunkin and Katharina Krell introduced the workshop with a presentation on fostering citizens-focused urban mobility
- Thomas Willson from Eurocities presented the urban challenges for sustainable mobility
- Piotr Rapacz from the European Commission DG Mobility and Transport gave insights into the EU Urban mobility framework
- Vincent Leiner from the European Commission DG Regional and Urban Policy shared his presentation on the cohesion policy support
- Lasse Brand from Rupprecht Consult presented the SUMP guidelines
- Klaus Bongartz from Ministry for Infrastructure and Agriculture of Thuringia focused his presentation on modernizing public transport
Good practices and panel discussion session 1
- Carmo Tover from SMART-MR presented the ANDA Urban Mobility
- Jorge Elía from DEMO-EC presented the Zaragoza Transport Consortium
- Balázs Fejes from SMART-MR presented the public discussion on the surface network changes after opening the new metro line M4
After lunch the workshop continue with key-note speeches and good practice exchanges:
- Letiția Moțoc from CYCLEWALK shared insights into
- María Isabel Fiestas Carpena from TRAM presented
- José Augusto Baptista Vieira from MATCH-UP presented
- Aitor Albaina from INTENSIFY presented
- Thomas Caparos and Matthieu Moïno from Mulhouse Alsace Agglomération presented
- Irma Karjalainen from the Helsinki Region Environmental Services Authority presented
- Éva Mikes and Ders Csaba from Pannon EGTC presented
- Gegergly Török from North West Regional Development Agency presented the
- Christine Schwaberger from Provincial Government of Styria presented
Access the follow-up brief to discover the key-learnings of the workshop.