What is Interreg Europe?
Who we are
Interreg Europe is an interregional cooperation programme, co-funded by the European Union. The European Union strives to reduce disparities in the levels of development, growth and quality of life in and across Europe’s regions. Our programme contributes to this objective and runs from 2021 to 2027.
We have a budget of MEUR 379 to help local, regional and national governments across Europe to develop and deliver better policy. We create an environment and opportunities for sharing solutions to regional development issues. We support the exchange of good practices and policy learning among European regions in 29 countries - the EU27, Norway and Switzerland.
Topics we cover
Our programme contributes to all EU priorities and strives for better regional governance through capacity building.
- Research & innovation capacities
- SME competitiveness
- S3, industry and entrepreneurship
- Digital connectivity
- Energy efficiency
- Renewable energy
- Smart energy systems
- Climate change
- Water management
- Circular economy
- Nature & biodiversity
- Zero-carbon urban mobility
- Sustainable TEN-T
- Sustainable mobility
- Social inclusion
- Integration of third-country nationals
- Health care
- Culture and sustainable tourism
- Integrated urban development
- Integrated non-urban development
- Policy governance
Who can benefit
- national, regional, local public authorities
- other relevant bodies responsible for developing and/ or implementing regional development policies
- authorities responsible for developing and/ or implementing the Investment for jobs and growth programmes
- Business support organisations (development agencies, innovation agencies, chambers of commerce, clusters, etc.)
- Environmental organisations (environmental agencies, energy agencies, NGOs, etc.)
- Education and research institutions (universities, research centres, etc.)
(the list is not exhaustive)
Two paths to better policies
Interregional cooperation projects
Our projects bring together a fixed number of partners from different regions who exchange and transfer experience on a shared regional development issue.
Policy Learning Platform
Our Platform's team of experts make our programme's results and achievements accessible to all through a range of policy-learning services.