Our peer review service can help you resolve your policy challenge with selected peers and our experts.
What is a peer review?
A peer review is a two-day meeting in which you look at your regional policy challenge together with a group of carefully selected peers with relevant experience and our Platform experts. Relevant local stakeholders can also be involved. The objective is to give you advice, recommendations and an action plan to resolve your challenge.
During the peer review, you will get:
- An in-depth analysis of your policy challenge
- An exchange of experience with relevant policymakers
- A presentation of potential solutions
You will benefit from specific recommendations and knowledge to make better-informed decisions.
Peer review experiences
Take a look at experiences from previous beneficiaries in these short videos.
Frequently asked questions
You can submit your application at any time. The assessment is made on a rolling basis within a month from the reception of an application.
- Start by consulting the Terms of Reference to make sure you are eligible
- Download the template to prepare your application.
- Submit your application by filling in the online form.
In case you have any questions, contact the thematic manager of the Policy Learning Platform, Elena Ferrario.
We look for peers with relevant thematic experience and expertise according to the information you provide in your application form.
First, through a “call for interest”, we conduct a list of selected European policymakers from the Interreg Europe community who are best suited to understand your specific territorial and policy context, and who can give you concrete and useful advice.
Then, we consult with you the list of selected peers who agreed to participate to make the final selection.
Explore our latest publication to discover the methodology and gain further insights such as:
- How it works and how to apply: request your peer review today
- Peer learning in action: success stories from Norway, Poland, Spain and Bulgaria
- Behind the scene at peer reviews: interviews with a host, peer and the Platform's experts
- Towards better policies and practices: future outlook of the peer review service
Experiences from beneficiaries
The peer review has proved to be a strong instrument to convince regional leadership and policymakers to foster changes and innovations proven successful in other regions.
Sharing your experience as a peer is interesting and exciting. Seeing the strong interest of the host region is encouraging and motivating.
Apply for a peer review
Submit your peer review application today and find solutions to your policy challenge with our experts and peers!
Latest peer review reports
Read about previous peer reviews in the reports.