On 27 November 2019, the Policy Learning Platform hosted a workshop on open, social, and responsible innovation in Brussels. (Concept and moderation by Arnault Morisson and Marc Pattinson, Thematic Experts in research and innovation.)
During the workshop, the latest tools and practices in open, social, and responsible innovation were discussed. Participants learned the importance of Open, Social, and Responsible Innovation for research and innovation activities and how it can be included into regional innovation strategies.
Find the key learnings and conclusions in the follow-up brief.
Below you will find the presentations that were showcased throughout the day.
Agenda and presentations
The workshop started with an introductory presentation on open, social and responsible innovation by Thorsten Kohlisch and Arnault Morisson.
Throughout the workshop, numerous good practices were shared, access the presentations below.
- Wim De Kinderen, vice-chairperson of the European Network of Living Labs presented the
- Riina Pulkkinen, leading specialist for Societal Training and Development at Sitra, presented the
- Alexander Gerber, Research Director at the Institute for Science and Innovation Communication, Chair of Science Communication at Rhine-Waal University, presented the
- Francesca Gleria, senior official at the Autonomous Province of Trento (Italy) and program manager of the 'Open data in Trentino' project, presented the
- Jorge Prado Casal, Galician Healthcare Service (Galicia, Spain), presented the
- Tiina Ramstedt-Sen, from the Council of Tampere Region (Finland), presented the
Explore the key learnings from this workshop in the follow-up brief.