The Policy Learning Platform organised a peer review in Catalonia in October 2019. The two day meeting was hosted by the government of Catalonia and ACCIÓ, the agency for business competitiveness. The peer review focused on improving a service of the new department, 'international trade and barriers office', which was launched by ACCIÓ in 2018. The objective was to improve the performance and functioning of the service 'Export Helpdesk'.
ACCIÓ was interested in receiving experts with knowledge and experience for the implementation of new operational processes or services equivalent to the TradeDesk/Export Help Desk. The peer review allowed to discuss the following challenges:
- Lack of knowledge on potential tools and mechanisms that EU offers to support companies during the internationalisation process.
- Lack of knowledge on denouncing trade barriers at the European level.
- Lack of awareness on tools and mechanism awereness that EU offers for agencies like ACCIÓ.
- Lack of knowledge in how Trade Desk could collaborate with other foreign regional organisations.
- Lack of an appropriate content manager to keep all the information managed.
Discover the recommendations and policy advice in the summary report.
Image credit: Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels
The Irish Expert Group on Future Skills Needs looks into the future demand for design skills over the years 2020 to 2025.
The Covid-19 pandemic caused that many events are run online nowadays. That situation shows us, how important digitalization is. Anyway, it's not the subject of...
How have Interreg Europe projects managed to adapt and move their activities online during the COVID-19 crisis? Here are some examples.
SILVER SMEs investigates the opportunities to develop SMEs of the Silver Economy and tourism sectors in rural [...]
Startup Olé is one of the biggest tech-entrepreneurial events in Europe adressed to startupers and innovators.
Join RegionArts at the #EURegionsWeek! Registration for the 18th European Week of Regions and Cities will open on 27 August 2020.