The Policy Learning Platform organised a peer review in Catalonia in October 2019. The two day meeting was hosted by the government of Catalonia and ACCIÓ, the agency for business competitiveness. The peer review focused on improving a service of the new department, 'international trade and barriers office', which was launched by ACCIÓ in 2018. The objective was to improve the performance and functioning of the service 'Export Helpdesk'.
ACCIÓ was interested in receiving experts with knowledge and experience for the implementation of new operational processes or services equivalent to the TradeDesk/Export Help Desk. The peer review allowed to discuss the following challenges:
- Lack of knowledge on potential tools and mechanisms that EU offers to support companies during the internationalisation process.
- Lack of knowledge on denouncing trade barriers at the European level.
- Lack of awareness on tools and mechanism awereness that EU offers for agencies like ACCIÓ.
- Lack of knowledge in how Trade Desk could collaborate with other foreign regional organisations.
- Lack of an appropriate content manager to keep all the information managed.
Discover the recommendations and policy advice in the summary report.
Image credit: Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels
Join the Policy Learning Platform and Apolitical in a joint event on how cooperation can drive policy design. 9 September from 15:00 to 16:00 PM CET.
Join us on 21 September from 14:00 to 17:00 CET for a workshop and learn more about strategies for a competitive and sustainable tourism sector
Save the date!