Thematic networking event: Smarter Europe
Our second call for project proposals is coming! The call will be open from 15 March to 9 June 2023.
We are here to help you get started with the preparation of your next project. In November and early December, we organised a series of thematic networking events online to share project ideas and kickstart the search for new project partners ahead of the call.
On 15 November (10:00-12:00 CET), we focused on 'Smarter Europe'.
During this two-hour online event, representatives from the European Commission and Interreg Europe joint secretariat introduced the topic of the day and answered questions from the audience. Participants had an opportunity to take part in networking talks and group discussions dedicated to project ideas. Participants pitched their own ideas and discovered the ideas proposed by peers from different regions across Europe.
The agenda covered:
- 10:00-11:00 CET: presentations and Q&A setting the scene, introducing the topic of the day and key features of Interreg Europe
- Tomislav Pinter, DG Regio
- Kristaps Rocans, Interreg Europe
- Miia Itänen, Interreg Europe (moderator)
- 11:00-12:00 CET: project idea pitches and group discussions
(more information about the project ideas is available in the networking table)
This event is for you if:
- you are thinking about preparing a project application for our next call
- you have a project idea and you're looking for partners
- you would like to join a project and get involved in cooperation
- you want to connect with people across Europe interested in interregional cooperation
What to expect:
- information about the EU cohesion policy context and EU priorities
- insights on what's coming for the second call
- possibility to pitch your project idea
- opportunities to take part in project idea discussions and build new connections
More networking inspiration
If you are interested in the other topics Interreg Europe covers, note the dates of the other thematic networking events:
- 17 November: spotlight on 'more social Europe'
- 29 November: focus on 'greener Europe'
- 1 December: networking opportunities linked to 'more connected Europe', 'Europe closer to citizens', and 'better regional governance'
If opportunities beyond projects interest you, check out what our Policy Learning Platform has to offer. We'll give you an overview on 5 December: Next generation policymakers: why skills, knowledge and a powerful network are vital.
Save the date also for the launch of the second call on 15 March 2023 during 'Europe, let's cooperate! interregional cooperation forum' in Stockholm, Sweden.
This event is open to Interreg Europe community members. If you don't see a registration form below, log in or create an account to complete your event registration.