This webinar has ended. You can watch the recording, access the presentations and discover the key learnings in this follow-up article.
On 30 January 2024, the Policy Learning Platform is organising a webinar on the topic of the twin transition for SMEs. The Twin Transition is high on the EU policy agenda and regions are looking for guidance and inspiration on how to meet the goals.
- The goal of the EU Green Deal is to transform the EU into a modern, resource-efficient, and competitive economy while focusing on environmental challenges. Digitalisation is seen as a key enabler for achieving the core targets.
- The Green Deal Industrial Plan for the NetZero Age to enhance the competitiveness of the net-zero industry and support the low-carbon transition. Furthermore, the updated EU Industrial Strategy stresses a swift green and digital transition of the EU industry and its ecosystems.
- Europe’s Digital Decade 2030 strategy is centrered around empowering businesses, governments and people in a human-centred, sustainable and more prosperous digital future. The actions to reach these goals include the development of innovative products and services, smart solutions, knowledge and expertise sharing, and the testing, implementing/scaling up of innovative green solutions.
Companies need support in understanding what the digital and green transition means to their businesses, innovative ideas, and how to turn those challenges into their benefit and gain as well as how digitalization can also enhance sustainability. SMEs in many parts of Europe are not investing and innovating enough to support the transition to a high-value-added economy.
The webinar aims to guide how local public authorities could implement practices that can support the twin transition innovation uptake by SMEs in their region.
What you can expect
Contextualizing the twin transition on the European policy making level
- Keynote speech by Stefan Muench, from the Joint Research Centre
Twin transition policy examples from the Interreg Europe community
- Presentation by Aisling McCarthy on the Climate Toolkit 4 Business (ACCELERATE GDT) and insights on the topic matter by ACCELERATE GDT's lead partner John Hobbs
- Presentation by Torbjörn Jonsson from the RISE Research Institutes of Sweden on the policy change achieved in the operational programme for investments in employment and growth in Norra Mellansverige region (INNO INDUSTRY)