On 26 March 2024 from 14:00 to 15:30 CET, the Policy Learning Platform is organising a webinar on smart energy management.
Sensors, analytics and automation can help smart energy management systems to collect and analyse real-time data to make informed decisions, optimise energy consumption, reduce waste, and lower costs. As well as working on an individual building or district level, smart energy technologies are core to the creation of the smart grid.
Smart energy management is recognised as a key enabler of the low-carbon transition.
Public authorities need to play a key role in their uptake by:
- supporting households and businesses
- making use of technologies in their buildings and facilities
- supporting further technological development
During this webinar, we will explore the importance of energy performance monitoring and automation, by the use of good practice from across Europe.
What you can expect
- Keynote speech by Cristiana Marchitelli from the European Commission, DG Energy on the EU Action Plan on Digitalising the Energy System
- Presentation by Johann van Dyke from Smart Energy GB on Smart metering - Smart Energy GB (SET-UP project) TBC
- Presentation by Valentina Madžarević from the Istrian Regional Energy Agency on Energy Management System for Public Buildings (SUPPORT project)
- Presentation by George Konstantzos from Innoveco, Region of Crete, on EcoHotel Platform (DETOCS project)
You can already start exploring the topic with our recently published policy brief: