About this good practice
Business Lubelskie Team is an initiative of Marshal Office of Lubelskie Voivodeship which provides a wide range of support offer for both entrepreneurial groups: investors and exporters, acting primarily as a thematic one-stop shop.
• create a system that effectively supports the inflow and creation of new investments and strengthening the export activity of businesses from the region, by linking local and regional self-governments and other partners
• strengthen public competencies of the self-government of Lublin Region to provide professional business services of the highest quality
• lack of one single contact point for investors and exporters in the region
• fragmented public tasks on different territorial self-government levels relevant for investors and exporters, not integrated both vertically (local and regional authorities) and horizontally (specific public units servicing investors’ and exporters’ needs)
Business Lubelskie is a centralized physical contact point for the region, supplemented by a dedicated web portal with three virual zones: investor, exporter and self-government zone. As part of Economy and Entrepreneurship Support Department of the Marshal Office of Lubelskie Voivodeship, it has built a network of 10 county divisions in Lubelskie Vivodeship, designed as a system to support better flow of regional investment and export activities.
Key financial resources: project staff of central and local points
• Central poin stafft:
- 1 Business Lubelskie manager (head of the unit)
- 1 investment pilot
• Local county point staff:
- 1 local manager
- 1 thematic support assistant
Evidence of success
• Business Lubelskie services were used by Polish and international coprorates and investors from machine, automotive, aviation, food, chemical and pharmaceutical and other sectors
• 10 out of 24 counties are connected within the Business Lubelskie network, which unifies its investor and exporter related service standards and increases regional capacities; for businesses investing in the region, it makes the process easier and faster
• increased business attractiveness of the region
Potential for learning or transfer
A centralized single point of contact, with a network of local (county) divisions and an online portal offers comprehensive information regarding all aspects of investment and export activities, available free of charge and online, making it accessible to all interested parties.
Why this is a good practice?
• One-stop shop – single point of contact, which means that dedicated “Investment Pilot” (IP) is the first contact person for potential investors, and for all other parties from the region involved in the project, especially at initial phase of investment process.
• Cooperation with local authorities as well as regional, national and international business environment organisations
• All services are free of charge and high-quality, delivered primarily by specialized self-government units in the region and locally