About the project
- The businesses and human actions that create a negative ecological and heritage footprint (EHF) constitute a negative externality that is currently not incorporated in the economic business models;
- Likewise, the businesses and human actions that create a positive EHF constitute a positive externality that is not being compensated by the society;
- The goal of this project is to adapt the principles of the EU Emissions Trading System (EU ETS) to an ecological and heritage footprint trading system (EHFTS) to be developed and pilot-tested at local level.
- Development of the concept of the EHFTS
- Mapping of the ecological and heritage resources at local level
- Pilot-test of the EFTS, together with intense information campaigns
- Impact study, report & policy recommendations