During Phase 1, Lombardy Region mapped and uploaded on the CircE website 20 good practices from Stakeholders and the regional institution itself.
You can find them all, together with others identified by the other Project Partners, at: https://www.interregeurope.eu/circe/good-practices/
We are really proud of this result, yet even prouder because 10 of them have been accepted into the Policy Learning Platform good practices Data base (https://www.interregeurope.eu/policylearning/good-practices):
- Banco Alimentare - Recovery from Mass Market Retailers Stores: Fresh products and products close to the expiry date are donated by the Mass Market Retailer stores to the charitable organizations (https://www.interregeurope.eu/policylearning/good-practices/item/1626/recovery-from-mass-market-retailers-stores/).
- Banco Alimentare - Education on food waste prevention in school (Banco Scuola): Food Bank volunteer teams visit schools to meet their students and speak about the poor people's needs, the respect for food and the need to avoid waste. (https://www.interregeurope.eu/policylearning/good-practices/item/1625/education-on-food-waste-prevention-in-schools-banco-scuola/)
- Banco Alimentare - Ortomercato (Recovery of Food and Vegetables): Recovery of Fruit and Vegetable from the wholesale market for fruits and vegetables in Milano at the end of the daily operations (https://www.interregeurope.eu/policylearning/good-practices/item/1623/ortomercato-recovery-of-food-and-vegetables/)
- Cauto - Dispensa sociale - Social Larder: Cauto distributes for free to entirely beneficial entities of the territory over 3000 tons of food every year (https://www.interregeurope.eu/policylearning/good-practices/item/1340/dispensa-sociale-social-larder/)
- Lombardy Region - ABC Environmental education regarding "Food waste” - L. R. has set up a educational activity to teachers in collaboration with Education Offices, aimed at introducing "Food waste" item into regional programs (https://www.interregeurope.eu/policylearning/good-practices/item/2757/abc-environmental-education-regarding-food-waste/).
- Lombardy Region - WEEE in Prison - A memorandum of understanding aimed at building a WEEE recovery plant (electrical and electronic waste) within the Prison of Milan Bollate (https://www.interregeurope.eu/policylearning/good-practices/item/2772/weee-in-prison/);
- Centro Coordinamento RAEE - Waste Electrical & Electronical Equipment [email protected]: The aim of the project is to inform and communicate to the students what WEEE are, the correct way to collect them and the importance of the recycling (promoted in collaboration with ANCI – Italian Municipalities Association) (https://www.interregeurope.eu/policylearning/good-practices/item/1244/waste-electrical-electronic-equipment-weeeatschool/)
- ANCE Lombardia - Memorandum of Understanding - construction and demolition waste: ANCE Lombardia and Regione Lombardia signed a Memorandum of understanding to promote the correct management of C&D waste and the use of recycled aggregates. (https://www.interregeurope.eu/policylearning/good-practices/item/2215/memorandum-of-understanding-construction-and-demolition-waste/)
- Centro COT - Life M3P - Platform – the Material Match Making Platform Life M3P defines a model for Industrial Symbiosis, based on an on-line platform, to match the needs of companies offering residues and requesting materials (https://www.interregeurope.eu/policylearning/good-practices/item/2296/life-m3p-platform-material-match-making-platform/)
- Ornica municipality - A scattered hotel in the Orobic Alps: The Ornica Hamlet (Bergamo Province - Italy) is the oldest and best-known case of scattered hotel in Lombardy, located in the Ornica hamlet (Orobic Alps) and established in 2009 (https://www.interregeurope.eu/policylearning/good-practices/item/2569/a-scattered-hotel-in-the-orobic-alps-the-ornica-hamlet-bergamo-province-italy/ )