Rural-Urban cooperation leading to MORE innovation
The RUMORE project has been a productive platform to exchange and develop ideas for rural-urban partnerships and innovation delivery over the last five years.
We kindly invite you to our online final conference to explore and discuss the outcomes of the RUMORE project and to share your ideas on the topic of rural-urban cooperation with us.
Explore experiences from our six partner regions:
- Lombardy (IT) supported networking between creative, digital SMEs and farmers in the frame of its agreement Milano rural metropolis and improved the access of agricultural entrepreneurs to ERDF funding
- Green Knowledge Portal Twente (NL) consolidated its regional triple helix organization on regional food and supported initiatives and entrepreneurs to establish regional food chains
- Burgas (BG) initiated the Black Sea Center as a one-stop agency for blue growth and innovations and an online innovation platform with services to develop prototypes of new products
- Amsterdam (NL) connected farmers and innovators to create ideas for new regional food products and support short food chains as well as food waste avoidance
- Central Macedonia (GR) developed blockchain and cloud-based data management solutions to improve the rice value chain by digitalizing the origin and quality of food
- Lüneburg (DE) used structural funds to support cooperation with universities in innovation projects for regional development
Discuss with us in three parallel panels:
- How we might stimulate short food chains with rural-urban partnerships
- How we might better involve local stakeholders in rural-urban cooperation with the support of regional policy instruments
- How we might utilize digitalization as a chance for rural-urban innovation
Share with us your ideas and co-develop a common outlook for future rural-urban cooperation!
Please register for this event until 24 September: