The Bureau for Self-Consumption of Extremadura agrees a concerted schedule of promotional activities in 2020.
The Bureau was established last November, as the result of the Strategic Agreement for the Promotion of Self-Consumption. Promoted by the Spanish Photovoltaic Union (UNEF), the Regional Self-Consumption Bureaus are already operating in different communities, such as Catalonia and Andalusia, among others.
The Bureau for Self-Consumption in Extremadura has met in January "to agree on the main promotional activities that the various entities, associations, distributors and marketers present in the sector will carry out throughout the year 2020, with the aim of strengthening the self-consumption facilities in the region forcefully and quickly". This is the second meeting of the Bureau, after its constitution last November, the result of the Strategic Agreement for the Promotion of Self-Consumption. At the meeting, all attendees have agreed on the need for "a greater and faster deployment of this technology, both in companies and in the residential sector." For this, they consider that it is necessary - reports the Junta de Extremadura, the Government of this Spanish region - to make a "greater effort in promotional activities for all citizens from the different perspectives of the members of the Bureau".
Activity and employment engine
The general director of Industry, Energy and Mines of Junta de Extremadura, Samuel Ruiz, has valued and thanked the commitment of the components of the Bureau and their will to generate synergies between the different conferences, seminars and advertising and dissemination campaigns that they have programmed, showing their conviction that “self-consumption will become an engine of activity and employment for Extremadura in the coming months.” According to Ruiz, “now is the time for photovoltaic solar technology, and self-consumption will mean an essential element to promote savings and energy efficiency through the generation of clean and cheaper energy. ”The Self-Consumption Bureau has announced that it will continue its activity working in the coming weeks from the technical field" to facilitate registration and the administrative processing of the new solar panel installations in homes and businesses in the region, which are expected to grow exponential nto in the short and medium term".
The Strategic Agreement for the Promotion of Self-Consumption was signed last November by the Spanish Photovoltaic Union (UNEF) and the Junta de Extremadura, through the Ministry of Ecological Transition and Sustainability, along with other organizations, such as the Federation of Municipalities and Provinces of Extremadura. Its objective is, as its name implies, to promote self-consumption, and its main lines of action are the following:
- The collaboration and coordination of the actions of the Junta de Extremadura with the rest of public administrations and the private sector in the field of self-consumption to obtain synergies that lead to greater overall efficiency.
- The identification of regulatory and administrative barriers that hinder the implementation of self-consumption in Extremadura and the proposal of actions to overcome them.
- The development of programs and proposals for action to contribute to the development of projects and activities that are useful to benefit the development of self-consumption in Extremadura: incentives, grants, tax credits, simplification of administrative measures, etc.
- The impulse to the communication, to the exchange of experiences and initiatives and to the technical support between all the agents of the sector, both of the public and private spheres.
- The promotion and dissemination of the possibilities of self-consumption in Extremadura, influencing the training and information of consumers and users, businessmen and those responsible for energy management, as well as communication and awareness campaigns where the educational variable takes precedence.
- Monitoring and evaluation of actions.
The Agreement - reports UNEF - will enter into force from the day of its signature (November 13, 2019, Mérida) and will cover an initial period of four years, extendable according to the needs detected, the evolution and the results of the same.
- Junta de Extremadura (Ministry for Ecological Transition and Sustainability, which chairs it).
- Diputación de Badajoz
- Diputación of Cáceres
- Extremadura Federation of Municipalities and Provinces (FempEx)
- Institute for Diversification and Energy Saving (IDAE)
- Extremadura Energy Cluster
- Extremadura Energy Agency (Agenex)
- Regional Confederation of Extremadura Business (Creex)
- Association of Renewable Energy Companies (APPA)
- Spanish Photovoltaic Union (UNEF)
- Consumer Institute of Extremadura
- I- DE Redes Eléctricas Inteligentes S.A.U (Iberdrola)
- Endesa Distribution
- CIDE, which is an association of small distributors-producers of electric energy
Source: Energías Renovables