Join us for a webinar on the combining of solar and energy storage to maximise benefits for developers and landowners. The webinar is part of the AgroRES project funded by Interreg Europe.
Energy opportunities can potentially deliver long term, reliable ground rent as the energy market often isn’t as affected by wider economic issues as other sectors. RenewableUK’s latest Project Intelligence report states that the total cumulative capacity of battery storage planning applications has soared from nearly 6,900 megawatts (MW) a year ago to over 10,500MW today – enough to fully charge over a million electric vehicles. The National Infrastructure Commission Report 'Smart Power' projected a possible £8 billion saving to the UK, per year, by 2030 if storage and flexibility measures are introduced on a large scale.
The webinar will cover:
- The role storage plays in the energy system
- What makes a good site for a utility-scale scheme
- How to maximise your chances of achieving a lease
- Lease terms to expect, and what to avoid
- Investing in your own storage project
Roadnight Taylor will cover what storage can do for you at the large scale and behind your own electricity meter, respectively. Regen will discuss the role storage plays in the UKs energy system and Foot Anstey will advise us on the important legal aspects.
- Kutahya Cherry, Managing Associate, Foot Anstey
- Madeline Greenhalgh, Policy lead, Regen and the Electricity Storage Network
- Hugh Taylor, CEO, Road Knight Taylor
- Richard Palmer, Senior Consultant, Road Knight Taylor