The call (ICT-32-2017) will open on 8 December 2016 to 25 April 2017, with a total budget of 12 million Euros. Building on "Startup Europe" and "Innovation Radar" initiatives, the call aims at funding projects to help established startups and prospective tech entrepreneurs to grow and achieve market success and raise broader awareness of high potential innovators in Europe from EU-funded ICT projects.
Based on Startup Europe activities, a budget of €10 million is available for EU funding for Innovation Actions (IA) projects for proposals covering one or both of the following themes:
- Reinforcing ICT ecosystems for high growth tech startups by interconnecting and creating new synergies between 3-4 different Startup hubs across Europe per project. Activities should focus on scaling-up of companies by connecting, across different entrepreneurial ecosystems, key relevant stakeholders such as tech entrepreneurs, mentors, corporates, customers, designers, media, investors and local authorities.
- Facilitating financing and improving the liquidity for European investments in fast growing ICT startups and scaleups, increasing their chances for a successful exit. A budget of €2 million will be available for EU funding for Coordination and Support Actions (CSA) projects for proposals covering the following themes:
- Support services for EU funded innovators: "Innovation Radar" initiative.
- Establish a European wide network of support centers (nodes) for innovative researchers. Actions primarily targeted towards technologies developed in EU funded projects in order to turn their research results into marketable products and, preparing such innovators for success in the market place.
The Infoday announced previously has been cancelled and several actions are going to be launched before and during the call to support potential applicants:
- Information sessions: During Web Summit (7-10 November, Lisbon, Portugal) and Slush (30 November to 01 December, Helsinki, Finland)
- Organisation of webinars: One in November and one in December
- On Startup Europe Club there will be a dedicated blog post and a video
- Slides presentation on the call are available on SlideShare
- A dedicated Q&A section will be provided
"Startup Europe": https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/startup-europe
"Innovation Radar": https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/innovation-radar