SUPPORT Action Plan for the region of Andalusia has two main actions:
• 1) Pilot Action // REDEMA
• 2) 50 Low Carbon Emission Municipalities in Andalusia
Actually FAMP is working on the first one fostering cooperation among local authorities to work together on energy efficiency measures through the creation of an Digital Energy Observatory. A digital platform for the collection, analysis and management of energy data, through which to develop guidelines for energy benchmarking and analysis of energy efficiency measures between municipal buildings applying Business Intelligence tools. The platform will allow municipal energy managers to observe for themselves the gap between the same types of buildings included in the platform that have the best ratios, in order to identify possible efficiency measures that have a greater impact on energy improvement.
The specific objectives of Digital Energy Observatory are:
1. Improve the collection and processing of energy data locally. One of the reasons why the actions included in the planning instruments (SEAPs) are not carried out is the lack of conviction about the potential benefits. To improve the efficiency of investments and energy efficiency actions, it is necessary to have sufficient and accessible energy data.
2. Train municipal energy managers to include energy data from public buildings using the Digital Energy Observatory platform. Improve your ability to analyze and evaluate measurements using data from the platform through benchmarking.
3. Disseminate the results by developing guidelines for the comparative evaluation of energy efficiency measures by type of buildings.
Due to the mobility restrictions motivated by the Covid-19 some activities scheduled as regional meetings has been delayed. However, some activities without face-to-face contact have been done and others such as preparatory meetings have been transformed into bilateral online meetings.
1. Establish the organisational and governance structures. A first call for potential municipalities interested in participating in the pilot action has been made in April.
2. Municipalities adhesion to the pilot action and signature of an “Energy and Climate policy commitment” statement by each local authority.
3. The first preparatory meetings with key actors have been held. In May, a bilateral meeting was held with the Andalusian Energy Agency to define the strategy for the collection and visualisation of energy data among local authorities through TICs. Other bilateral meeting with key actors has been scheduled for end of May and first of June.
50 Low Carbon Emission Municipalities in Andalusia
FAMP has continued with the impulse of the Participatory Laboratory of Energy Efficiency in 2019 and 2020. Participatory Laboratory of Energy Efficiency is a working tool to know, exchange and apply experiences regarding Energy Efficiency in the Local Administration of Andalusia. Two capacity building/ training actions have been carried out for technicians from local public administrations, in which more than 220 technicians participated.
These training actions had a series of specific objectives:
• Learn the basics of energy efficiency policies and regulations.
• Know methodological and technological tools for energy efficiency management in public buildings.
• Training in the collection and interpretation of energy data.
• Understand the different technologies involved in energy efficiency and certification.
• Train students in the knowledge of measures to carry out energy rehabilitation in public buildings and their financing possibilities.
• Increase the analysis capacity of energy consumption.
• Train students in the use of energy certification platforms
• Improve energy planning through Energy Savings Plans.
• Some of the course content has been:
• Policies and regulations on energy efficiency: European framework.
• Legislation on energy efficiency: Spain.
• Legislation on energy efficiency: Andalusia.
• Public financing of energy efficiency: FEDER funds in Spain.
• Public financing of energy efficiency: FEDER funds in Andalusia.
• Alternative financing scenarios: Public-private financing.
• Detailed energy study: energy diagnosis.
• Available sources of information.
• Data monitoring.