The 2nd "Success Road" Workshop: “Education and Mentoring - A combination with entrepreneurship and the business succession/transfer” took place remotely.
10:00 - 10:10 Start of the meeting
Welcoming guests, presenting the agenda - Host
[Presentation of the FFR as a project expert and moderator of the meeting on succession and mentoring in Poland]
10:10 – 10:20 Succession in family businesses in the SME sector
Professor Jan Klimek from Warsaw School of Economics
• Definition of succession
• The biggest barriers for companies in the SME sector (leather and footwear industry) to carry out succession - based on SWOT prepared by LIC
10:30 – 11:10 Discussion Panel with experts conducting the succession process - How to prepare the company for succession?
Moderators: Katarzyna Gierczak Grupińska, Konrad Bugiera
• Legal aspects - Dariusz Wasylkowski - Wardyński & Partners Law Firm,
• Financial aspects - Agnieszka Simon Adamczewska - Korrelat
• Management - Tadeusz Sudoł - Octagon Consulting
Questions in the chat room gathered at the end
11:10 – 11:25 Break
11:25 – 11:45 Succession in practice in two perspectives: Nestor and Successor
- Interview with Marcin Ochnik – coowner of Ochnik multigeneration company one of the most recognizable Polish brands offering leather goods and clothing
- Interview with Ewelina Pisarczyk - successor of Majsterpol family construction company.
11:45 – 12:00 Mentoring as a succession support activity based on the experience of Early Warning Europe (EWE) and EWE Network of Mentors in Poland
Presentation: Eleni Tzoka Stecka, FFR
• Succession - as one of the most serious crises in the life of a company
• Role of mentor
• What's good mentoring?
• Features and competences of a good mentor
• How to build a sustainable and effective network of mentors? – the role of social partners
12.00 – 12:45 Mentoring as an effective method of supporting entrepreneurs
Discussion panel with EWE mentors who were involved in the EWE succession process
• Katarzyna Kłopocińska
• Monika Sacewicz
• Celina Koszany
• Ewelina Pisarczyk
Plus chat questions
12:45 - 13:00 Break
13:00 – 13:30 Group work
Recommendations of activities supporting the education of companies and mentoring on the subject of succession within the framework of administrative activities and policies.
Moderated group work - "brainstorming" - creating presentations – moderated by chairmen
13:30 – 13:45 Presentations of work results during the workshop
13:45 – 14:00 End of the meeting
Summary of the meeting, conclusions and warm goodbye