STAR Cities learning programme is coming to an end and project partners are happy to present the result of their cooperation for a better management of river tourism in Riverside Cities.
During this virtual conference hosted by NECSTouR, STAR Cities partnership will present a selection of good practices from the partnership and outside. Then, we would like to open the discussion about the future of our cooperation through the Riverside Cities network that we wish to develop in the coming years.
The conference will also present STAR Cities Good Practices Guide, the result of three years of exchange of experiences about river tourism development. This document presents the main outcomes of the project learning programme and a selection of good practices from all project partners, together with policy recommandations.
Friday 26 November 10:00 CET
10:00-10:10 - Welcome and introduction
10:10-11:10 - Good practices from STAR Cities partnership and outside
Pitching session of good practices :
Engaging Locals & Communities in river tourism
- Tanja Blätter, Hamburg Metropolregion - Industrial Heritage Festival
- Aistė Paukštė, Kaunas 2022 - Fluxus Labs Community Program
- Sandra de Puig, NECSTouR - Better Places to Live, Better Places to Visit
Developing new Tourism products & Marketing strategies
- Camille Chowah, Val-de-Marne - Explore Paris Booking platform
- Thomas Guillot, NECSTouR - Water Museum of Venice
- Alžbeta Kiráľová, AMBIS University – Vltava, a river full of experiences
Improving Governance systems & Cooperation of stakeholders
- Tanja Blätter, Hamburg Metropolregion - Kurs Elbe
- Alessandro Drago, Lazio Region, Agenda Tevere
- Philipp Borchardt, ThreeT project - River Lahn Trails
Raising awareness on Environment & Sustainability topics
- Tina H. Zakonjšek, GoodPlace - Green Scheme of Slovenian Tourism
- Camille Chowah, Val-de-Marne - Au Fil de l’Eau boat trips and shuttle services
- Jennifer Iduh, European Travel Commission - Sustainable Tourism Implementation: Framework and Toolkit
STAR Cities conclusions and policy recommendations
- Miša Novak, ALOHAS – Policy recommendations of STAR Cities
- Viltė Migonytė-Petrulienė, Kaunas 2022 – STAR Cities Good Practices Guide
11:10-11:45- STAR Cities partnership looks to the future!
Interreg Europe supports interregional cooperation since 2014 and tomorrow
Riverside Cities network, next steps beyond STAR Cities.
- Martin Krekeler, City of Hamburg - The future of Interreg Europe 2021-2027
- Camille Chowah, Riverside Cities network - Next steps beyond STAR Cities
Questions and discussion