Starting from tomorrow and until 28 November, actions on waste prevention will take place all over Europe. It is the European Week for Waste Reduction (EWWR)!
Have you heard about this initiative?
Already in its 13th edition, the EWWR is the biggest awareness-raising campaign on waste prevention in Europe, involving every year thousands of people among public authorities, citizens, schools, businesses, NGOs, associations. Earlier this month, we introduced you to the EWWR and this year’s thematic focus: circular communities. Have a look here.
Jump with us for a less-waste world
The SMART WASTE partners are also doing their share when it comes to waste prevention. Thus, they decided to all participate in the EWWR and organise an action not only to contribute to raise awareness about waste reduction but also to promote the SMART WASTE project.
Feel free to join one (or more) of our actions for the EWWR 2021:
- Come to Green Thursday – the day before Black Friday (25/11): Kolding Municipality organises a workshop in Kolding to discover how to reduce waste through play
- A Clean-up action to Donate, Reuse, Repair, Composting, Recycle and Reduce (22-26/11): in ACR+ who will be cleaning up its office in Brussels
- Plastic waste prevention in the office (22-26/11): ARRR will display posters in its offices around Tuscany to share with its employees the results of an action to give reusable water bottles
- Smart waste management in Bulgaria (21-22/11): BAMEE is organising a webinar to share the results of a survey on waste management in Bulgaria and will also publish an information bulletin with the results of the survey and proceedings of the webinar.
- Waste prevention on the radio (20-25/11): KRATC is partnering with a national radio to produce 50 clips which will explore the topic of waste prevention and reduction.
- Challenge yourself at home (20-28/11): the team of the Municipality of Apeldoorn is challenging its colleagues to share pictures of waste reduction actions at home.