Dr Helen McGuirk and Dr Aisling ConwayLenihan, from the Hincks Centre for Entrepreneurship Excellence, are editors of the Small Enterprise Research journal. They launched a call for paper on the topic of the Silver Economy for the special issue planned for 2021. This special issue will enable the disseminate of knowledge specifically related to what is commonly referred as the Silver Economy (the ageing population and its contribution to the economy) from a research, practitioner and policy perspective.
Suggested topics for papers are:
• The drivers of success of the Silver Economy for small enterprises
• Different sectors of the Silver Economy of benefit to small enterprises
• Small enterprises’ innovation activities related to an ageing population
• Small enterprises policy support and the Silver Economy
• The value of Small enterprises engaging with older people as stakeholders (e.g employees, customers, suppliers)
The Hincks Centre for Entrepreneurship Excellence is part of the School of Business at Cork Institute of Technology (Ireland). The Centre is Ireland’s first Centre of Entrepreneurship Excellence and is engaged in academic and policy focused research, education and training.
The Centre has an excellent track record of project collaborations, as coordinator and partner, in national, European and international co-funded projects, including the Interreg Europe SILVER SMEs project in which the Centre is investigating on how Southern Ireland could better support the emergence of Silver Economy SMEs for the benefit of the ageing population in the region.