In the rural areas of Region Dalarna, 27,3% of the population is over 65. There is a higher proportion of older adults in the rural areas of the region than in the urban centres; proximity to the environment and nature are important assets for healthy ageing, but services are less developed in these areas.
Apart from healthcare, seniors are rarely considered as economic agents, with specific needs and desires, and the Silver Economy is very little known and developed.
What is it like to get old in Dalarna? What are the existing initiatives to boost the offer of adapted goods and services in the region? How can SILVER SMEs contribute to better support the development of the Silver Economy? Find out at a glance with our interactive infographic on region Dalarna!
You can also catch up on global and regional demographic trends in Europe with:
- Our infographic on ageing in rural Europe!
- Our infographic on ageing in Teruel Province, Spain
- Our infographic on ageing in Hauts de France, France
- Our infographic on ageing in the Lubuskie region, Poland
- Our infographic on ageing in the Southern Ireland
- Our infographic on ageing in the Province of Burgos