The SIE project partners and representatives of each region's local stakeholder group took part in the first project study visit to Kent, UK.
The 2 day programme of activities included:
- Meeting with local stakeholders in Kent and the key organisations which help companies with internationalisation including UK Trade & Investment, Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce and the local branch of Enterprise Europe Network
- Finding out about how SMEs are supported through the innovative "Kent International Business Programme"
- Finding out about various Interreg projects and a nationally financed project that have helped boost Kent's internationalisation levels
- Visiting some of Kent's international companies
- Discussions about Kent's approach to SME internationalisation support
This successful visit got the SIE project off to a solid start and showcased some innovative solutions to trade development in the UK.