Lessons learnt during the interregional exchange activities of the Interreg Europe project SHARE and how they can improve the implementation of the Urban Agenda in Umbria for better protection, promotion, accessibility and development of urban cultural heritage sites will be discussed at a roundtable planned for 3 April in Foligno.
- Fabio Paparelli, Vice President of the Regional Council;
- Giovanni Patriarchi, Councillor for Economic Development, Tourism and Urban Agenda of Foligno;
- Nando Mismetti, mayor of Foligno;
- Carlo Cipiciani, of the Umbria Region’s general strategic planning service;
- Chiara Dall’Aglio, Coordinator for Tourism, Promotion and EU projects, Sviluppumbria; and
- Andy Fryers, international expert in sustainable management of cultural heritage and events.
“The experience of Foligno and the cities of Umbria in the conservation of cultural heritage in the context of exploitation for tourism has been a best practice much appreciated in comparison with the different experiences,” notes Councillor Patriarchi. “The SHARE project is evidence of the fundamental need to develop further inter-European cooperation initiatives with the aim of strengthening a common European policy”.