The kick-off meeting of the Project SARURE –Save Rural Retail– took place in Teruel on 12-13 September 2018, hosted by the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Services of Teruel, Advisory Lead Partner of SARURE. The project consortium of this Interreg Europe funded Project includes:
- Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Services of Teruel (SPAIN)
- Government of Aragon, Department of Retail SMEs (SPAIN)
- Region of Western Macedonia, Department of SMEs (GREECE)
- University of Western Macedonia (GREECE)
- Region South Karelia (FINLAND)
- Municipality of Söderhanm (SWEDEN)
- Burgenlandkreis District (GERMANY)
- Local Action Group Association 'South Warmia' (POLAND)
- Sligo County Council (IRELAND)
We met our partners and talked about internal organization issues of the partnership; project objectives and work plan, development of the project communication, project budget execution and progress reporting...
We will join forces during 54 months to improve local rural Retail. During the phase of “Interregional Learning” we will identify good practices, exchange experiences and elaborate action plans on the transfer of good practices and experiences on our territories. The second phase, “Monitoring of the Action Plan Implementation”, will focus on the implementation of the action plans produced with the aim of improving partners' policy instruments.
We devoted also a significant part of the meeting for study visits to different Rural Multiservice Shops in the Province of Teruel (Corbalán and Olba). Project partners' discovered the model RMS and equipment used by the Chamber of Teruel to support Retail SMEs in deserted areas.
Here, you can see a video summary of this first experience:
In the coming months the partners will organise Information Days on their territories to inform local audiences on the project start.
The next meeting of the project partners is foreseen in March 2019 in Kozani (Greece). Until then, you can follow the project on our website and social media.