The virtual end event of the S3Chem project on Thursday 22 October 2020 from 10h00 to 12h00 marks the end of this second project phase, as well as of the entire project. Stakeholders, project partners, EU representatives and the ECRN network/S3Platform Chemicals will showcase the power of chemicals in the smart specialization strategies of all seven regions.
10h00 Word of welcome by moderator Simone van Trier
10h01 Word of welcome and opening by Ruud Burlet Regional Minister Province of Limburg (NL) and Vice-President of ECRN
10h10 Keynote Brightlands: Challenges of a European Chemical Excellence Site CEO Circular Hub, Lia Voermans
10h20 Interview session by Simone van Trier with high level representative partners: What are the deliverables of S3Chem for your region?
• Saxony-Anhalt: Dr. Jürgen Ude Secretary of State, Ministry of Economy, Science and Digitalisation Saxony Anhalt
• Catalonia: Maria Matilde Villarroya Martínez General Director for Industry, Ministry of Business and Knowledge Catalonia
• Mazovia: Marcin Wajda Director Regional Development and European Funds, The Office of the Marshal of the Mazowieckie Voivodeship in Warsaw and Vice-President ECRN
• Asturias: Eva Pando CEO IDEPA (Asturias Development Agency)
• Lombardy: Fabrizio Sala Vice-President of Lombardy Region, regional Minister for Research, Innovation, University, Export and Internationalisation and President of ECRN
10h50 Showcases of the S3Chem partners, introduced by moderator Simone van Trier
• Limburg: Marnix van Gurp CEO Brightlands Materials Center
• Wallonia: Geoffrey Parks SOWALFIN, CRAFT platform Wallonia
• Lombardy: Martina Ferrini Project manager Lombardy Green Chemistry Association and Consorzio Italbiotec
• Mazovia: Piotr Jandziak Chairman of the Board, VitaSynth sp. z. o. o.
11h15 Looking ahead to the future – where does this project take us in the short and long future?
• Interreg Europe Secretariat Lille: Jasón Martinez
• Saxony Anhalt: André Mangelsdorf
11h25 Closure of the conference by moderator Simone van Trier
11h30 End of the conference
We proudly invite you to join us for this event and we invite you to become inspired!
Please register by filling in the registration form!