Tuesday, 13 November 2018
Arrival and accommodation of participants in Dvorska vas (Slovenia)
Wednesday, 14 November 2018
08.45 - Arrival and registration of participants
Seminar “Public support to entrepreneurship initiatives in rural areas”
How to meet challenges of today and the future – how SMEs and local/regional authorities can work together towards innovative sustainable development of our regions
09.00–10.30 - Welcome by Rok Šimenc (director BSC Kranj) and Damjan Maletič (vice-dean)
- Ricardo Pizarro, director, SODEBUR, Spain. Lead partner of RURAL SMEs project
Rural SMEs challenges, goals, good practices
- Mary Fogarty
Presentation of best practice: ‘The Cottage’ Tearooms, Tipperary, Ireland
- Hilde Hoefnagels, Artesis Plantijn Hogeschool Antwerpen, Belgium
Eco system in rural areas, challenges for the future (OSS – Interreg Europe project) (by teleconference)
- Esteban Pelayo, director, EURADA Future EU policies (by teleconference)
- Helena Cvenkel, BSC Kranj
How makerspaces can support rural SMEs (URBAN M – Interreg Europe project)
- Prof. Phd. Robert Leskovar, University of Maribor, Faculty for organisational science
Smart ICT solutions in rural SMEs challenges of today and the future
- Marjana Dermelj, Government office for development and cohesion policy
Circular economy – challenges & future possibilities (local communities and SMEs)
- Nataša Kristan, Kranj School Centre – Inter-company Educational Centre
Projects of cooperation between the school, SMEs and local community
Workshop I. RURAL SMES – Entrepreneurship. SWOT Analysis’ results.
1. Turning weaknesses into opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural areas.
2. How can we take advantage of detected opportunities?
Workshop II. Which ideas can help us in providing innovative products/services of today/future (how SMEs and policy level (local, regional) can work together)?
Workshop will connect RURAL SME.s partners, regional stakeholders (Gorenjska), young and other stakeholders.
14.30 - 15.30 Guided tour of Elan (global producer and supplier of sporting activities equipment, and technical advanced composite components for the wind-energy market)
Management meeting in hotel Lambergh, Dvorska vas
16.00 -16.30 PROJECT MANAGEMENT(DEX S.A.&SODEBUR)
16.30 – 17.00 COMMUNICATION AND DISSEMINATION (Tipperary County Council)
17.00 – 17.30 ACTION PLANS (All Partners)
1) Partners will inform about their action plans’ development presenting first
NEXT TRANSNATIONAL MEETING (Greece) – April 2019 (Region of Western Greece)
1) Place, dates and foreseen agenda for the next event.
- Seminar “Public support to innovation for SMEs in rural areas”.
- Study Visits.
2) Tasks to be developed.
19.00 Partner’s official dinner @ Vila Podvin
Thursday, 15 November 2018
08.00 Study visits in Gorenjska region (Škofja Loka, Kranj, Bohinj)
09.00 – 11.00
Visit of Škofja Loka
- Creative centre Kreativnice
- Art&Craft Centre of Škofja Loka
- School centre Škofja Loka (inter-entrepreneurial centre) (materials, wood)
11.30 - 13.00
Visit of Kranj
- Coworking centre Kovačnica (support to SMEs, start-ups)
- Open Lab (empowerment of youth for ICT, creativity)
- Foundation Vincenc Draksler (shop) (social enterprise, circular economy)
13.00 - 14.00 Lunch @ Restaurant Brioni
15.00 - 18.00
Visit of Bohinj
- Collective brand “Bohinjsko/From Bohinj” (support mechanisms in the
National park and nearby areas)
- Kmetija Pr’ Odolnek
Dinner @ Restaurant Lectar
22.00 Arrival to hotel
Friday, 16 November 2018
Checking out of the hotel