The event CIRCULAR REGIONS ON THE WAY | A vision on Cohesion Policy Beyond 2020 represents the first appointment for the Interregional Dissemination of the RETRACE Interreg Europe project.
The main aim of the event is to present the results achieved by the project during the first phase of work (2016-2018) including:
- 5 Regional Action Plans (one for each partner country);
- the related Policy Briefs;
- a publication gathering the 30 Best Practices of Circular Economy selected;
- provide general policy recommendations aimed at politicians and Policy-makers to highlight the potential benefits and necessary steps for adopting integrated policies for a transition to CircularEconomy and how this one will influence policymakers on the future CohesionPolicy beyond 2020.
The event, organised by Politecnico di Torino with the support of the Brussels office of the Piedmont Region, will include two topical moments:
1. a keynote session "Circular Economy shaping EU Regions" featuring the contribution of distinguished speakers, such as Janez Potočnik, Co-Chair of the UN Resource Panel (UNEP) and Paola Migliorini, Team Leader Circular Economy DG Environment
2. a policy panel session "Policy Road Maps towards a Circular Europe " to discuss how RETRACE 5 Regional Action Plans will foster regions into adopting integrated policies for a transition to a Circular Economy, influencing policy makers on regards of the Cohesion Policy beyond 2020. The session will be enriched by the contribution of panelist from the Committee of the Regions, DG REGIO, DG GROWTH and the Managing Autorities of partner regions.
The participation to the event is open to the public ; registration is free and available at the following here.