The study visit organised by Almada City Council on 11 April 2018 was attended by the Municipalities of Reggio Emilia (IT) and Maribor (SL), Kronoberg County (SE) and Moravian-Silesian Region (CZ).
After a general introduction about the city’s Mobility Strategy, Resolve partners could learn more in detail about the following Good Practices:
• “Almada Better without cars” campaign, aimed at motivating citizens not to use their cars voluntarily on Thursdays and granting incentives to those who join the campaign (reduced-price public transport tickets, discounts for cultural, sport activities and for shopping);
• “New resident Welcome Kit”, a package for new residents including transport information and promotion materials as well as free tickets to encourage the try-out of public transport;
• “Pedestrianization of Cândido dos Reis Street”, aimed at reducing the presence of cars, improving the inhabitants quality of life and promoting the local economy revitalisation;
• “Metro Sul do Tejo (tram)”, aimed at redefining the transport offer and developing other structuring projects (pedestrian and cycling policies)
• “Almada Cycle Network”, aimed at working on intermodality and on the reinforcement of partnership with transport operators, by providing suitable infrastructures and parking facilities and improving the public space through the integration of cycle ways;
• “Almada Decarbonisation Living Lab”, a living lab focused on 4 thematic areas: circular economy, mobility, buildings and energy.