The 19th edition of the European Week of Regions and Cities took place virtually from 11-14 October. It focused on issues such as green transition and featured in its programme the workshop “Empowering wellbeing and health through nature: inspiring good practices and initiatives across Europe”, jointly organised by four Interreg Europe projects (BID-REX, RENATUR, PROGRESS and PERFECT) and the Erasmus+ project Green4Care.
The aim of this virtual workshop, which was be held on 12 October from 14:30 to 16:00 (CET), was to inspire with best practices and tools on how to improve regional and municipal policies to protect nature and its services. Speakers explained the importance of active political and societal actions for its protection as well as new initiatives that focus on the role of social innovation and entrepreneurs in bringing the benefits of nature to society.
- Tahia Devisscher – Researcher at The University of British Columbia
- Jessie Fieth - Projects and Policy Manager at Town & Country Planning Association
- Aynur Mammadova – Researcher at University of Padova
- Enrique Doblas - Researcher at CREAF
- Núria Pou Àlvarez – Technician at Forest Sciences and Technology Centre of Catalonia
- Rik De Vreese – Senior researcher at European Forest Institute
- Marcin Spyra - Researcher at Martin-Luther University Halle-Wittenberg