STARTS Residencies encourage Tech Projects to host artists to boost the innovation potential of any technology. By thinking “out of the box”, artists can expand technological boundaries, develop unexpected use-cases, produce new prototypes, provide additional knowledge and stimulate groundbreaking processes. A Residency lasts between 3 and 9 months and the artists are funded by the STARTS Residencies programme.
Artists are likely to develop visions for technology that are different from researchers or engineers. Through co-creation, they can inspire new ways of thinking for tech projects developing new technologies.
HOW TO APPLY ?
Coordinators of any Tech Project or partners with the consent of the project coordinators, should create an account on starts.eu, and then fill a form describing their technology and hosting offer. The call for Tech Projects is currently open and will close on October 31, 2018. Selected Tech Projects are displayed on the STARTS Residencies website, two weeks after their submission.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
A Tech Project is a collaborative project between institutions or an internal project in a research centre or company. Each Tech Project applying for a STARTS Residency may be funded through public European or national programmes or through private funds. It is compulsory that the Tech Project applying for a STARTS Residency is running during the period of the residency (which may occur between March 2019 and March 2020).
It is also expected that Tech Projects:
- Are developing an innovative technology at a state-of-the-art level in an emerging field (e.g. smart cities, wearables, open data, internet of things, cloud computing, eHealth, virtual reality, etc.).
- Are located in one or several countries of the European Union.
- Are prepared to give the artist access to technologies developed by the project.
- Aim at positive change and advancement for society or economy.
- Are fully committed to integrate the artist into the project and the team through a co-creation process.
THE CALL FOR TECH PROJECTS WILL CLOSE OCTOBER 31, 2018. More information on: vertigo.starts.eu/calls/starts-residencies-call-3/detail/