The fifth interregional meeting is virtual and hosted by Maramures County Council. The meeting focuses on resource efficiency and recycling.
Times in the agenda are CET
Day 1 – 20th of April 2021 – MORNING SESSIONS
10:00–10:05 Official welcome of Ionel Ovidiu Bogdan, the President of Maramures County Council
10:05–10:35 Keynote Speeches:
- Circular Economy in Romania: relevant legislation, financing programs for the next programming period – Raul Pop, State Secretary in the Ministry for Environment, Waters and Forests
- Regional Development Plan 2014–2020 and Successful projects and Initiatives in Circular Economy in NW Region – Michaela Mihailescu and Ioana Dragos, experts of the Nord West Regional Development Agency
10:35–10:50 Energy efficiency projects in Baia Mare – Oana Ilies, Head of the Project Management Department, Baia Mare Municipality
10:50–11:05 Restoration of old traditional houses in Maramures
11:05–11:15 Q&A Session
11:15–11:30 Short break
11:30–12:30 Region session – part 1
In this session the first two REDUCES partner regions will present CE business models in Resource efficiency and recycling (30 minutes per region and Q&A).
11:30–12:00 Region 1 – Turku (Finland)
- Sustainable structural solutions from hemp – Jenni Suominen & Timo Mieskonen, Turku University of Applied Sciences
12:00–12:30 Region 2 – Sofia (Bulgaria)
- E-waste: producers vs consumers – Daniel Kostov, "Ecologica"
12:30–13:30 Break for lunch (local)
Day 1, 20th of April 2021 - AFTERNOON SESSIONS
13:30–15:30 Region session - part 2
In this session the last four REDUCES partner regions will present CE business models in Resource efficiency and recycling (30 minutes per region and Q&A).
13:30–14:00 Region 3 – Valencia (Spain):
- Mandatory use of recycled aggregates in all municipal works in Gandia – Jorge Hervás, Head of the Urban Planning Department of the City Council of Gandia; moderated by Vera Valero
14:00–14:30 Region 4 – Utrecht (the Netherlands)
- Refurbishment and reuse of returned electric appliances - Yarno de Hiep, Owner/ Director of Retourkoop.nl; moderated by Holger Hooimeijer
14:30–15:00 Region 5 – Greater Manchester (UK)
- A new approach to recycling in Greater Manchester: Reuse Shops and the Recycle for Greater Manchester Community Fund: Karen Thompson, Partnership and Social Value Coordinator, Recycling and Recovery UK (SUEZ)
15:00–15:30 Region 6 – Maramureș (Romania)
- Local approaches for waste collecting, sorting and recycling – Sandu Hotima, Executive director of the Association of Inter-Community Development for the Integrated Management of the Household Waste in the county of Maramures
- Composite materials from natural fibres – Ioan Cionca, Director of R&D Department, TAPARO Company, Maramures
15:30–15:45 Short break
15:45–16:30 Round up and discussions [Moderator]
16:30 Closure of day 1
Day 2, 21st of April 2021
Theme: Development status of Action Plans - Development of local action plans - discussions on progress and findings so far.
Partners will have the opportunity to present their ideas for action plans, to share challenges on the expectations of Interreg Europe program and the implementation of action plans, to discuss about influencing of policy instruments and to receive feedback from the REDUCES partnership and the owners of the policy instruments.
10:00–11:00 Progress of regional action plans - ideas, good practices as inspiration, improvement of policy instruments, progress and challenges: Time allotted 10 min/partner
11:00–11:20 Presentation of Rural SME Action Plan – Bistrita-Nasaud Chamber of Commerce and Industry / Romania, external consultant on circular economy
11:20–12:00 Discussions: project partners, representatives of the managing authorities on the impact of the Action Plans on the chosen policy instruments, stakeholders from each region, etc.
Notes: Registered participants will receive by email, a ZOOM link to join the meeting
Times in the agenda are CET
Moderator - Monica Muresan, General Secretary of Bistrita-Nasaud Chamber of Commerce and Industry, external consultant on circular economy for Maramures County Council, on REDUCES Project