RCIA Study Visit and Meeting #3 – Lublin
The third RCIA study visit took place in Lublin on 12-14 September 2017, where the partners and stakeholders had a new opportunity exchange experiences and share knowledge in the area of CCI policies.
The first day was dedicated to internal work among the project partners related to the activities (to be) carried out in the exchange process. A large number of good practices has already been identified and the work of selecting the most relevant for a deeper analysis aiming to transfer has begun. All partners are now assessing in close dialogue with their regional stakeholders which of the good practices are of most value to their region and serve as inspiration for policy improvement.
Day number two was dedicated to good practice presentations and discussions. The program of the day had a special focus on the work carried out by RCIA’s Polish partner, the City of Lublin:
- Introduction to the Lublin policy context – the Lublin Development Strategy presented by Diana Ciszewska
- The City of Lublin – learning about the game played by businesses and universities & Centre for Eastern Competencies - presented by Mariusz Sagan
- The Creatives Project & Creative Manifesto – presented by Michał Furmanek
- Start-up Policy – presented by Marcin Kęćko
- Lublin Creative District – presented by Honorata Kępowicz-Olszówka
- Lublin IT Upland – presented by Michał Grabowiecki
- Lublin GameDev – presented by Patryk Gałach
A presentation from the Latvian stakeholder Signe Adamovica on their successful innovation ecosystem DEMOLA Latvia wrapped up the day.
As special slot was planned to introduce the project partners and stakeholders to the cultural heritage and story of the city of Lublin. During one of the breaks a short excursion to the Chapel of the Holy Trinity of Lublin Castel was organized. To read more about Lublin and the city’s history go to http://www.lublin.eu/en/culture/
The RCIA project also manage to draw some attention from the media while in Lublin. Our Austrian coordinator, Christina Koch, accompanied by Mariusz Sagan, Head of the Strategy and Investors Department for the city of Lublin, were interviewed twice by local Polish TV-stations on the work of the RCIA project and role of the creative industries in economic development. You can watch one of the interviews here (forward to 00:04:48).
The Centre for the Meeting of Culture hosted the activities on the third day of the study visit that started with a presentation of the centre and a visit to many of its facilities. These include a movie theater, theater stages, exhibition spaces, dance rehearsal rooms and - last but not least - an impressive roof terrace with a well-nourished garden and city bees.
The day also included a selection of interesting presentations related to:
- Lublin Film Fund – presented by Grzegorz Linkowski
- Lubartowska 77, a creative space for supporting artists and sharing design – presented by Erwin Gałan
- The CCI Cluster, Romania – presented by Ania Pascalau, executive director from Transilvania Creative Industries Cluster
- City Service Development Kit, Greece – presented by Efthymios Farmakis and Stylianos Gkekas, from Gnosis Computers
The study visit was wrapped up with a round table discussion on the opportunities offered by the policy instruments presented and the learnings to take home. The outcomes were collected for further processing by the leader of the work package dedicated to exchange of experience, Barcelona Official Chamber of Commerce.
The upcoming fourth study visit will take place in Barcelona. Stay updated on the RCIA website and our social media channels for the latest information.