Meeting & Study Visit 6 – CCI policies & Competitive economy
This time, RCIA project partners meet in beautiful Riga, the capital of Latvia for RCIA meeting and the 6th study visit, on 5-6 June.
A short sum-up of good practices presentations planned to be delivered during the visit:
- Financial instruments for creative companies
- Creative business incubator
- RTU Design Factory
- Development of a new creative district
- National Film Centre
During the two-day study visit, RCIA partners will visit creative initiatives in Latvia.
Day one will start in the middle of the old city of Riga, where project partners will get an introduction to our Latvian RCIA partner, Altum by their Chairman of the Board, Reinis Berzins. Following the introduction is a closer look at finance and incubators for creative companies.
The remainder of the day will specifically focus on practical implantation and knowledge sharing through four workshops:
- Our partners in Poland, City of Lublin will moderate a workshop on strategy development
- Our partner in Denmark, Creative Business Cup will moderate a second workshop focusing on internationalisation
- The third workshop will be moderated by our Italian partner, IDM Südtirol / Alto Adige, who will inform the partners about funding for the film industry
- The fourth and final workshop is moderated by our Belgium partner, Public Service of Wallonia and will focus on finance.
Day to involves excursions to the National Library, where project partners are introduced to creative innovations. We will have an introduction to best practices from Liga Efeja about RTU Design Factory and the development of a new creative district presented by Zanja Jaunskunga. The excursion will be concluded with a 5D cinema about Riga.
Finally, the project partners will be updated on management, communications and exchanges of experience of the RCIA project.