On November 22, was held the first stakeholders meeting of the QUALIFY project “Quality standards and authenticity to foster competitiveness of agrifood SMEs". The event took place at the headquarters of the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Food.
The meeting was attended by representatives of the following units and agencies:
- Departament de Polítiques Digitals i Administració Pública.
- Institut Català de Finances.
- Departament d'Empresa i Coneixement. Secretaria d'Universitats i Recerca.
- Departament de la Presidència. DG Administracions Locals.
- Departament d’Agricultura, Ramaderia, Pesca i Alimentació.
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
During this first stakeholders meeting, the project was presented to the attendees, as well as the activities and the objectives to be achieved during the three and a half years of the project.
The involvement of the stakeholders is very important in the regional participation phase, in order to identify and evaluate the possible instruments available to the agri-food SMEs.
All attendees presented the instruments used in their institutions and shared their knowledge and experience in this area.
From this meeting, the GENCAT will carry out a compilation of all instruments and study their impact in recent years. The result of this study will be shared with the agri-food sector, in order to ensure the transmission of information and share experiences and knowledge on the use, scope and availability of instruments to boost and enhance the competitiveness of Catalan agri-food SMEs.