While preparing the new PROGRESS activities for the coming autumn, we want to suggest you some interesting readings related to Ecosystem Services Governance as this is the core of our project. These are not publications of our project, and we have not made a specific selection. These are rather materials we have on the desk while we PROGRESS!.
Do you have any other suggestions? Let us know and we can add them to the list!
- Good governance for biodiversity. A Policy Brief from the Policy Learning Platform on Environment and resource efficiency. Interreg Europe. June 2020.
- Biodiversity, a priority for the European Parliament. Policy Learning Platform. Interreg Europe. 23.6.2021.
A short news piece where PROGRESS Good Practices are featured and recommended to local and regional policymakers interested in acting on forests!
- Governing Forest Ecosystem Services for Sustainable Environmental Governance: A Review. Environments, 2018, 5 (5). Shankar Adhikari and Himlal Baral.
A review paper of different modes of forest ES governance, like a quick manual.
- Forest for Water Services: a Step-by-step guide for Payment Schemes. Thomas, R. Nisbet and others. PES-FOR-W Cost project. 2021.
A pratical manual suggested by Teresa Baiges, speaker at PROGRESS 3rd Workshop last May.
- Using ecosystem services to measure the degree to which a solution is nature-based
Cian White, Marcus J.Collier, Jane C.Stout. Ecosystem Services, 50. August 2021.
- WORLD BANK REPORT: THE ECONOMIC CASE FOR NATURE. July 2021.
Link includes video presentation of the report, excerpts and full text.
- Eurostat - Measuring what ecosystems do for us. Final report from Phase II of INCA Project - Integrated System of Natural Capital and Ecosystem Services Accounting for the EU. 2021.
- PROGRESS Library.
And finally, of course, do not forget PROGRESS Handbooks of Good Practices and all other useful information available at the library of this project website!