One of the services that the Policy Learning Platform provides is their interregional policy matchmaking service. During such a session, peers are invited to come together to discuss and exchange on a specific territorial and thematic topic of interest. You will receive recommendations based on experience and expertise. Usually, a matchmaking session lasts around two hours and provides the opportunity to build lasting relationships. It can be conducted in person or online.
A great example of the impact of a matchmaking session is one that was held during last year's European Week of Regions and Cities. The session was aimed at discussing the design and launch of the Valmiera's makerspace. In the following months, the project was approved and has received EU funding and is now able to host two volunteers for ten months, starting from the first of October.
Are you interested in starting your career in a creative environment? Take a look at the description below to become a volunteer for the Valmiera makerspace!
- You see yourself in a creative environment
- You want to implement different ideas and work in a co-working space/place
- You are passionate about new technologies and experiments
- You want to learn and work with different technologies (3D printer, laser cutter, CNC cutter, sieve paste, photo equipment and other)
- You are communicable, motivated, responsible and well organised
- You are 18-30 years old
What they offer
- To work in a makerspace 'DARE' in the city of Valmiera, Latvia, - the most progressive regional city in Latvia
- To organise, lead and participate in creative workshops
- Opportunity to participate in various art and design activities
- To spend active free time in Valmiera: sports, culture, non-formal youth activities, to get to know Latvian culture, language and traditions
- To enjoy the beautiful surroundings of Valmiera and Latvian nature
- Pocket money – 120 EUR per month
- Accommodation, food and transport allowance
Get in touch here to be considered for the volunteering opportunity.
A matchmaking session for your region?
Get an impression of what a matchmaking session looks like in the video below:
If the topic you are interested in discussing is more complex, you might be interested in our peer review service. Peer review sessions allow for deeper analysis and more recommendations as it lasts 2 days. Apply here.
Image credit: Photo by fauxels from Pexels
On October 6-8, 2020, the Podkarpackie Virtual Expo 2020 fair was held at the G2A Arena in the nearby Jasionka. The main topics of the three-day event were: aut...
Kolding Municipality’s secret to make sure it communicates successfully to its citizens.
Tax implications for the transfer of a family business, from one generation to the next, for 54 countries.
Discover the new opportunities for water-linked heritage. Join the WaVE Festival
Discover the event addressing the importance of technology and creative know-how (human) collaboration for future business.
Cultural and Creative Tourism product development, based on Cultural and Creative industries and supported by study visits in Dundee