On 29-30 January 2020, the Policy Learning Platform organised a peer review with the Austria Wirtshaftsservice Gesellschaft mbH (AWS) as host. The Peer Review took place in Vienna, Austria. The two day review revolved around fostering the trustworthy use of artificial intelligence (AI) in companies. Peers from Finland, Spain, Poland and Switzerland gathered to exchange their relevant experience on Artificial Intelligence.
Find the addressed questions and recommendations in the follow-up report.
The Austria Wirtschaftsservice Gesellschat mbH is the promotional bank of the Austrian federal government. It aims to support innovative projects from companies through loans, grants and guarantees, especially when other funding is not available. In addition they also offer support through coaching and services.
The AWS received funds from the National Foundation of Research, Technology and Development to operate a new program: fostering the trustworthy use of artificial intelligence (AI) in companies. While the European Union provides a guidelines on its ethical use, it is still in its early days. The AWS ran into questions as:
- How will artificial intelligence work in different sectors?
- Do the provided guidelines help or hinder the use of artificial intelligence?
In order to build on the existing knowledge and to bring those guidelines to practical use, the following objectives were set for the Peer Review:
- Validate the approach chosen by AWS to implement ethical guidelines for the use of AI in the selection of projects to be funded by the new programme.
- Develop workable guidelines for an ethical and trustworthy use of AI by businesses.
- Build the necessary bridge between the European and national high-level policies.
Timisoara’s third Local Learning Lab (LLL) brought the very essence of the ECoC-SME project into discussion: how to capitalise on a mega-event like the Europe...
Tax implications for the transfer of a family business, from one generation to the next, for 54 countries.
hoppid.no recognized as Project's Good Practice!
Do you need more info on hoppid.no?
It's not the first time when we talk about hoppid.no. It was the first Go...