The Policy Learning Platform is opening a new call for interregional peer reviews! It is launched on 9 October 2019 and remains open permanently.
Managing authorities and public bodies in charge of local or regional development policies can submit their application at any time, while a series of cut-off dates are foreseen. Read the terms of reference and apply!
Peer reviews are a great way to receive hands-on feedback and advice from other European regions (peers) on the implementation of your policies and programmes. Whether you are struggling with your programme measure on energy efficiency, searching for new ways to support the internationalisation of SMEs or intending to invest in digital rural mobility solutions, exchanging with policy experts and practitioners from other regions can help you to receive new inspiration and solutions with an unbiased view from 'outside'.
How does it work more precisely?
Individuals from several regions are invited to your region – the host region – to tackle a specific territorial challenge and make recommendations based on their experience and expertise.
What do past participants think of this interregional learning opportunity?
- 'We should have a more European approach in the formulation of our Operational Programme; so far, we have only adopted a regional approach. Looking at what others are doing is very beneficial to us and helps us to decide what we should do and what we should avoid.' Stéphane Andreani, Directorate Climate, Air, Energy of Hauts-de-France region, host in this peer review on social housing
- 'I have learnt a lot of things about funding schemes and tools used in other regions. And I have seen that other peers are facing the same issues for example in the area of mobility. When I am back in Finland, I will share with the 100 employees in my region what I have learnt during the peer review in East Belgium' says Johanna Punkari, Project Manager, South Ostrobothnia Energy Agency Thermopolis.
Here is how the Policy Learning Platform experts support the organisation of peer reviews:
- Identifying suitable peers
- Briefing the host coordinator and the selected peers
- Supporting the preparation of content input (if desired)Supporting the coordination and moderation of the exchanges during the onsite visit (if desired)
- Supporting the preparation stakeholder interviews (if applicable and desired)
- Supporting the finalisation of the peer review report.
You can equally discover more information and previous success stories.
Image credit: Photo by Ben Taylor from Pexels
Livorno served again as a test environment to a fully electric city bus. This time the tested vehicle was the Iveco E-way 12-metre e-bus that will be parading t...
Regional stakeholder's meeting in Poland
What issues were discussed during the meeting?
On May 21, 2021, the 6th Regional Meeting of Polish Stakeholders was o...
Updated! Networking in Ecosystem Services across Interreg projects.
SMARTY is holding its third Interregional Policy Brokerage on "Regional Strategies and Incentives for the Green and Digital Transition"
MaaS - A European Perspective" - online event organized by University of Applied Sciences Erfurt.
The CHERISH Interregional Learning and Exchange of Experience Event (ILEEE 5) planned in Palma (Mallorca, Spain) takes place in October 2021.