Regions are invited to apply for two Commission pilot projects. If selected, they can benefit from tailored EU financial and advisory support in transforming their economies and modernising their industries.
Commissioner for Regional policy Corina Creţu said: "There are five steps a region needs to take to haul itself up the value chain in a globalised economy; embracing innovation, digitalisation and decarbonisation, developing people's skills and breaking down barriers to investment. The pilot projects we are launching (..) show that the EU is ready to help its regions, every step of the way."
The pilot projects are building on this positive experience. Two calls for expression of interest were launched on 29 September 2017:
- Call 1: Tailored support for regions facing industrial transition
- Call 2: Interregional partnerships to develop competitive European value chains
Regions can apply until 31 October 2017. The results of the calls will be published in early December.
- Official information of the EC's on the calls
- Inforegio – how to apply?
- Factsheet – Smart specialisation pilot actions
- Factsheet – what is smart specialisation?
- July 2017 Communication – Strengthening Innovation in Europe's regions
- July 2017 MEMO – Challenges ahead: boosting innovation-led growth in EU regions
Our journey amongst best examples of how administrations, research centres and business incubators give support to new businesses and start ups approaches....
The report on the study about the long-term effects of interregional cooperation projects is ready for you. Discover 20 project stories and more.
Are you ready for #EURegionsWeek 2018? The registration is now open! Have a look at what is new for this year and how Interreg Europe contributes to the event.