Europe has defined specific goals for the future: shift towards a climate neutral continent and digital transformation. Apart from this ambitious objectives, one additional and major challenge appeared: the COVID-19 pandemic.
Against this background, it was rapidly recognised that only if people develop the right skills we will manage to reach our objectives. Skills have to adapt to our new realities. The investment and focus of local and regional policies on these aspects seems therefore more relevant than ever.
Taking stock from the good practices and policy initiatives coming from Interreg Europe projects, the Platform experts put together a selection of reading materials and webinars that will help you better grasp the importance of developing the proper policies to encourage skills development.
- Skills and talents for SME growth – the potential of workplace trainings (30 minutes webinar series). Friday, 26 March from 10:30 to 11:00 AM CET, we will focus on 'How to bring skills to companies'
- Jobs and skills for the energy transition, 29 April from 14:00 to 15:30 PM CET.
Policy briefs and other reading materials
- Skills for innovation
- Skills for the energy transition
- Making Europe entrepreneurial
- Energy Efficiency: skills and programmes for SMEs (peer review summary report)
Are you working on policies that focus on the development of skills? Do you struggle with particular aspects? We are here to help you: don't hesitate to write to us using the policy helpdesk.
Photo credits: photo by olia danilevich from Pexels
Share your experience on taking project activities online and discuss tips and tricks with other Interreg Europe projects in an online workshop on 30 September.
IRENES is a EU Interreg project concerned with the interaction between renewable energy generation and other natural land based assets.
Join us on 27 September from 14:00 to 17:00 CET for a workshop and learn about new ways to support European SMEs to scale up to international and global markets