“Made Different” is a methodology program based on the 7 key changes that transform business of a manufacturing industry into an authentic Factory of the Future
“Made Different” is an awareness program and a methodology to assist manufacturing industry to become Factory of the Future.
Several tools have been developed to place the industry in the path of the 4.0:
1. The Ambition: what are the needs? Is the enterprise ready to be involved in the transformation process?
2. The Diagnostic: conducting a screening based on the 7 transformations
3. Identifying the transformation which is the most important to work on
4. Setting an action plan
5. Assisting the enterprise for the implementation of the action plan
6. Monitoring and evaluation reports
The objectives of Made Different are:
- To help the manufacturing industry which faces challenges like new markets, new competitors, new technologies and new social requirements.
- To strengthen the manufacturing sector in Wallonia.
- To offer a specific guidance (tailor-made support) for reaching a level of excellence within the next years.
The program is managed by Digital Wallonia (the Walloon strategic plan dedicated to the digital sector), with the collaboration of Agoria (an organization which gathers all technology-inspired companies in Belgium).
Evidence of success
- 14 enterprises have got the “Made Different Award” since 2016, meaning that they have performed in at least one of the 7 transformations
- 6 enterprises have been labelled “Factory of the Future” since 2016, meaning that they succeed in the 7 transformations
- 1120 enterprises have received information about the Made Different program and 180 amongst them have been assisted with a diagnostic.
- To maximise the scope of the manufacturing industry
- To attract enterprises to become Factories of the Future
Potential for learning or transfer
The ADMA Training aims to explain the 7 transformations in details: http://www.adma.ec/
We can provide testimonials from industries that follow the program (videos are available online).
The methodology and tools implemented can be shared with another partner.