Public call for tenders to develop and maintain network of advisory services abroad to boost the internationalisation of Slovenian economy.
Management of internationalisation support environment is facilitated through public call for tenders which co-finances activities of Slovene business clubs abroad. Instrument, implemented under Programme for internationalisation 2015–2020 and line with Priority Axis 3 of OP improves the conditions for networking and integration of enterprises in foreign markets. Aim of public call for tenders is to create and maintain network of Slovenian business clubs registered abroad, and in cooperation with them intensify support of boosting internationalization of Slovene economy through following activities:
• provide information and consulting to Slovene SMEs who want to make a global breakthrough in countries that feature a Slovene business club;
• encourage regular formal and informal exchange of contacts and information among local companies, institutions and Slovene companies;
• provide regular information about changes in business environment in which the business club operates;
• provide regular updated business information on SPIRIT Slovenia portal Export Window;
• organize events abroad and in Slovenia;
• promote Slovene economy and business environment abroad.
First contact with Slovene business clubs abroad is free of charge for Slovene companies. Enhanced cooperation or specific help is offered only to companies and institutions that are members of business clubs.
Instrument is financed through national public funds on annual basis. In 2014 16 business clubs abroad received total of 270.000 EUR, in 2015 15 clubs received 261.000 EUR, in 2016 400.000 EUR were allocated to 13 clubs and in 2017 12 business clubs received 340.000 EUR.
Evidence of success
Planned goals of each public call were surpassed.
-2014: 16 clubs, 107 business events for Slovene and foreign companies, 1017 Slovene companies aiming to reach foreign markets counselled, 417 business opportunities and news to be published at Export Window portal forwarded,
-2015: 15 clubs, 98 business events, 815 companies counselled, 326 business opportunities and news forwarded,
-2016: 13 clubs, 112 business events, 1010 companies counselled, 356 business opportunities and news forward.
Potential for learning or transfer
Established contacts that business clubs abroad have, are a valuable source of information to a specific market and an irreplaceable provider of advisory services in internationalisation. Practice provides organisational model / implementation process for implementation of such a network of advisory services, to successfully support of boosting internationalization of national economy.
Please login to see the expert opinion of this good practice.