Villa Roberti is a CCI that plans & implements CCT activities to raise awareness and share knowledge about the historical Villa and its area
Main aim of the Villa Roberti cooperative and CCI is to become a cultural and creative tourism & business hub and create and share culture in all of its changing forms: the pleasure of knowledge, respect for nature, love for beauty, the pleasure of slow rhythms, the value of welcoming others and the strength of collaboration. It offers:
1. Cultural events: theatre & music performances, chamber music & choir; reading events, conferences & art shows. It welcomes resident artists.
2. Guided tours, and experiential visits..
3. Info point for visitors.
4. It’s an open cultural and creative tourism hub: it offers a space for networking, sharing and planning to those interested in the valorisation of culture and environment: here, tourists and visitors can meet local CCIs and artists.
5. It collaborates with public and private entities to develop a tourism destination, promoting aggregation of private companies and associations working in the cultural and creative sectors.
6. Bike friendly space.
7. It offers accommodation, hosts private events, weddings and business meetings, welcomes the weekly market and organises events for kids.
The main stakeholders and beneficiaries of the practice are those whose material and immaterial resources of the Saccisica area promoted: villas, traditional hatched roof houses, towers and museums, naturalistic areas, local CCIs.
A contribution of € 67.000 was received from the European Funds for Regional Development. The cooperative collaborates with over 30 cultural associations and foundations, nine municipalities of the Saccisica, tourism Consortium (Pro Loco) and the Province of Padova. It relies on paid for services.
Evidence of success
Visitors: 40.000/year. Public events: 20 in 2019. There are usually about 90 people per event, which are on a payment basis. During the 2018-2019 winter season, Villa Roberti organised a series of six training meetings focused on the themes of tourism. Ca 30 paying participants participated at each lesson. In 2019 the number of Facebook likes increased (2281) together with the interaction with the public (followers: 2321).
The main challenge of the CCI Villa Roberti is to operate in a rural areas that is not currently part of a known and organised tourism destination and where resources are not part of specific tourism products.
Potential for learning or transfer
The diversity and interdisciplinary background of the staff enables to offer events in areas as diverse as culture, environmental education, tourism and training. The villa is also highly adaptable for multiple uses, hence the claim of the cooperative: Mutable forms. The cooperative Villa Roberti is the only example of a cooperative in charge of a Villa in the Province of Padova. It also operates in a sector which is often difficult to develop in a financially viable way. Potentially transferable lessons are the following: Knowledge about starting up and developing a Cultural Creative Industry
Knowledge about combining a diversity of events, sectors and creation of public-private partnership
Knowledge about the business model underpinning the cooperative and its financial sustainability
Knowledge about the opportunity of the ERDF and its limitations
Knowledge about its impacts on the community and the surrounding territory.