Mazovian Innovation Council is an advisory body of the Voivodeship Board in the field of innovation policy related to the implementation of the RIS Mazovia.
Council is a tool for maintaining permanent and regular cooperation of regional authorities with the scientific community and entrepreneurs. The main task of the Council is to give opinions on program and strategic documents related to the innovative development of Mazovia Region in order to program support in a proper way in the area of innovation.
The Council consists of: the Marshal of the Mazowieckie Voivodeship - the Chairman of the Council, members of the Board of the Mazowieckie Voivodeship and representatives of regional institutions, scientific units, business environment institutions, as well as representatives of central, regional and local administration. The Council tasks include:
• assessment and evaluation of the region's innovation policy, including RIS,
• assessment of the status of RIS implementation based on innovation data from the strategy monitoring and evaluation system (SMERIS),
• taking decisions about the directions of evaluation research.
Council also attempts to identify areas of R&D activity of entrepreneurs operating in the Mazowieckie Voivodeship, which is an important element of the entrepreneurial discovery process. Entrepreneur discovery is also planning specialization together with other regions, not only Polish but also foreign ones.
The Council has its own regulation and it meets at least twice a year.
The direct beneficiary of the functioning of the Council is Mazowieckie Voivodeship and indirect residents of the Mazovia Region.
The Council's activity is financed from the Mazowieckie Voivodeship's own resources and amounts to ca. EUR 2,000 annually. Support for the work of the Council requires 1/4 full man-months.
Evidence of success
1) evaluates the implementation of the RIS Mazovia, the results of monitoring work and the formulates of proposals for changes (amendment) of the provisions of the Strategy;
2) advises local government authorities on ongoing activities related to the creation and implementation of regional innovation policy;
3) formulates proposals for in-depth studies and analyzes of selected economic areas in the region and sub-regions, aimed at defining strategic economic areas in the future;
Potential for learning or transfer
The formula of the Council is universal.
Cooperation between the worlds of science, business and the public sector in the network is very important. This process appears particularly in the regional innovation projects. On the basis of the relationships between those sectors there are created and implemented the innovative projects, that significantly change the conditions of development in the regions of the EU. The dimension of this relationship reflects the triple helix model. At the same time the development of the triple helix with an additional dimension of society, lets us take a look from a wider perspective on the dynamics of the relationships and the impact on the network.
The functioning of the Council allows the provincial authorities to maintain constant contact with representatives of the triple helix. The work of the Council also allows to confront the positions represented by individual entities in order to prioritize activities and their subjects.
Please login to see the expert opinion of this good practice.