Within the "Future Leaders in Agriculture" campaign, nominations for a modern Bulgarian farm were organized.
Nominations were accepted on the campaign website by December 31, 2018.
Nominated farms had to meet at least one of the "modern" criteria:
1) Introducing innovation;
2) Socially responsible farm (ecological practice, high production culture);
3) Good management (planning);
4) Growing of new varieties / species / plants
All nominated farms that meet the requirements of the game will have the privilege:
1) To get the title of "modern farm" and information on their achievements will be published on the project web site that is widely media coverage;
2) To be included in a special "Modern Farmer" album that will be printed;
3) Participate in the events within the project and present the achievements of their farms.
The winners (first and second place) will be selected by a specialized jury and will be awarded at a special ceremony to be held as the closing event of the project. The third winner is "A favorite of the audience" and will be chosen based on a number of likes.
The staff that participated in the promotion of the contest.
Evidence of success
Total of 13 farms have been nominated and 8 of them that covered at least one criteria received the chance to be called "Modern farm".
Since it is first edition of the contest there was no big interest from farmers and there are low number of people nominating.
Potential for learning or transfer
The contest is not so hard to organize and it is a good way to promote innovation in rural SMEs and farms in particular.