The aim of the Circular Economy Observatory is to make visible the efforts in this field, with the objective of integrating circularity in the Catalan economy.
The observatory is a node of knowledge in circular economy, with the will to give coherence and visibility to the efforts that are being carried out at different levels, both public and private, promote the exchange of experiences and contribute to the international positioning of Catalonia as a reference in this field.
The Catalunya Circular Observatory is a web platform that collects initiatives, projects, and different resources. It is promoted by the Government of the Generalitat of Catalonia, which has made a clear commitment to the promotion of the green and circular economy and which is one of the 6 strategic axes of the National Pact for Industry, with the adhesion of different, public and private organizations.
This Observatory is aimed at the various actors involved in the green and circular economy: citizens, companies, research and technological centers, schools and universities, the third sector, the Government and actors from other countries.
Among its main functions we can highlight:
• Promote the exchange and provide a homogeneous structure to the set of existing initiatives in Catalonia and be a claim for new.
• Collect information on global news, financing funds and news
• Sensitize and train in relation to the opportunities of the circular economy.
• Generate knowledge in the application of the circular economy in Catalonia, identifying trends in the future.
• Evaluate the progress of the circular economy in Catalonia through a monitoring.
The observatory is financed with own funds of the government of Catalonia.
Evidence of success
Since its beginning in April 2018, 56 public and private initiatives have already been collected, and it compiles 96 documents of interest and 37 videos.
Potential for learning or transfer
This type of initiative and platform can be replicated in other regions to promote the bio and circular economy in different fields, including companies and make visible the different initiatives that are carried out in the territory. It also serves as a meeting point and node of knowledge.
Please login to see the expert opinion of this good practice.