SEStran offers the Sustainable and Active Travel Grant scheme to organisations within the region.
SEStran offers the Sustainable and Active Travel Grant scheme to organisations within the region. Successful applicants can receive matched funding to assist in projects focused on Sustainable and Active Travel. The scheme offers a good incentive to organisations within the region to take sustainable transport projects forward.
A fund needs to be available for the grants. SEStran offers a funding pot of £100,000 with grants limited to £25,000 with match funding.
Evidence of success
A range of different projects have arisen from the sustainable grant scheme. For example:
• Shared bike scheme between the Colleges and Universities of Edinburgh
• Electric vehicle monitoring project with Edinburgh College
• Travel Plan surveys conducted at Queen Margaret University
• Bicycle marking and maintenance by Edinburgh Police
• Dedicated car pool spaces at Scotti
Potential for learning or transfer
The matched element of the scheme allows a small amount of funding to have an extended reach and provided added value. Plus, this investment demonstrates the commitment from applicants to the grant.