Textile Recycling Valley aims to Develop innovation and stimulate economic action in the field of recycled textile and circular economy
Ecological Cluster Cd2e (eco-business and eco-transition), T2M (Textile Fashion & Materials), TEAM² and UP-TEX have chosen to join forces and combine their know-how and skills in a joint action plan in the Textile Recycling Valley in order to develop innovation and stimulate economic action in the field of recycled textiles The initiators of the Textile Recycling Valley project will:
• Build a common strategy and pilot it together
• Orient the research about regional and international current situation.
• Finance the innovation: AAP and INTERREG projects
• Rise and label innovative collaborative projects support on the technological platforms
• Analysis and cartography of different expertise and networking the of qualified stock deposits
• Support the new eco-business and development of new eco-design, circular economy activities
• Lead the network
• Promote collectively the initiative Textile Recycling Valley is an agreement between different organisms which aims to Develop innovation and stimulate economic action in the field of recycled textile and circular economy. The main goals are :
Create profitable businesses and sustainable jobs in the textile eco-business (recycling, circular economy)
Raise new skills to meet the sustainable sector’s needs
Create a sustainable strong chain of value
Support, rise and label innovative eco-projects
Create a transferable model
The creation, the promotion and the dissemination of the GP "The Textile Recycling Valley" has been carried out by the staff of Ecological Cluster Cd2e (eco-business and eco-transition), T2M (Textile Fashion & Materials), TEAM² and UP-TEX. They did it with their own staff and resources.
Evidence of success
- Organisation of several colloquium, workshops, thematic days,...
- Setting up of different collaborative project development :
- BETONS DE CHIFFONS : funded by ECO TLC - recycled Pave anti-noise .
- EKO ROOM : Funded by ECO-TLC - false ceilings in recycled textile
-CALAFIL : Funded by ADEME -valorisation of waste from various fibres
-RETEX : INTERREG - Integration of circular economy in textile chain.
Major Technological barriers preventing building an industrial model :
o Access to materials to recycle o Unavailability of industrial tool on some products
o Complexity and variety of recycling processes
o Mass market giving priority to aesthetic and price before environmental awareness
Potential for learning or transfer
The problem of textile waste is shared by all European countries. So this Gp is potentially interesting at European level. RESET is helping for that purpose. To be applied to other regions, it is necessary in each one :
- To Build a common strategy and a pilot to spread:
o The awareness of the challenge
o To assist the innovative eco-projects
- Identify the complementary know-how to build an efficient value chain
- The whole chain must communicate in loop about technical issues
- Balance between human know-how, effectiveness machines and economic efficient model market
To go further in each interested region by this GP, it must:
- Identify new potential markets and create an efficient value chain
- Identify “secondary materials” required by the market
- Establish a transferable innovative eco-model
Please login to see the expert opinion of this good practice.