TECNIOspring PLUS provides financial support to individual mobility proposals presented by experienced researchers in liaison with a host entity.
TECNIOspring PLUS, ACCIÓ's fellowship programme, provides financial support to individual mobility proposals presented by experienced researchers in liaison with a host entity. Fellows are offered 2-year employment contracts in order to develop applied research projects at the host entity of their choice.
TECNIOspring PLUS proposals are submitted by a Catalan host entity, together with an experienced researcher.
• Catalan host organisations may be companies located in Catalonia with 4 or more employees, or TECNIO entities accredited by the Government of Catalonia through ACCIÓ.
• Experienced researchers are researchers of any nationality that have a PhD or four to eight years of full-time equivalent research experience. Researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in 3 years immediately prior to the deadline for the submission of applications. Exceptions will be made for candidates with justified career breaks.
Applicants should complete and submit the Application Form, attached with the CV and Project Description in accordance with the official documents.
The programme offers experienced researchers two types of fellowships:
• Incoming: 2-year contract in a Catalan company or a TECNIO entity
• Outgoing + return: 1-year contract in a research/technology centre or R&D department of a company located outside Spain, and 1-year contract in Catalonia or a TECNIO entity afterwards.
2,230,200 € in total that are divided by half on each modality: 50% for outgoing + return fellowships and the other 50% for incoming fellowships
The 50% of modality means that half of the resources will be dedicated to the incoming experts and the other half for the outbound
Evidence of success
TECNIOspring started in 2013. By the end of 2015, a total of 63 fellowships were awarded (25 incoming, 38 outgoing + return), with a total budget of 7,8 MM EUR, cofunded by Marie Skłodowska-Curie Programme of the European Commission. Fellows came from 24 different countries and were of 17 different nationalities. 32 Catalan entities and 37 foreign entities acted as host organisations.
The main difficulty is stemmed from the political instability of the region of Catalonia and related with that lack of sustainability in terms of financial planning and timing.
Potential for learning or transfer
The programme addresses challenges at national/regional, company and personal level by attracting experienced researchers from abroad to go (back) to the country and to be hired temporarily or permanently by local companies or research centres.
The agency applies well developed evaluation procedure based on the following criteria:
EXCELLENCE OF THE RESEARCHER
• Research activities and technology transfer experience
• Team management
• Geographical and sectorial mobility
• Working plan and expected results
• Originality of the project
• Justification of research costs
HOST ENTITIES CAPACITIES
• Scientific and technological trajectory. Supervisor CV
• Practical and administrative arrangements
• Training plan and monitoring
TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER AND IMPACT
• Results exploitation plan
• Career impact research/market
• New collaborations and secondments
Together with the abovementioned, the Agency has developed an expert pool of about 4000 external evaluators
Please login to see the expert opinion of this good practice.