AMUSING MUSEUM is a game with educational purposes, an App for android platforms, an interactive tour in the permanent exhibition
- The need of a guide for everyone and especially for young people visiting the museum, attracting more visitors.
- Visitors have the opportunity to discover the Museum’s collections in a new way through questions, puzzles and games. Someone can download the application using the wireless internet at the entrance of the Museum of Byzantine Culture, searching in the Play Store or finding it directly by scanning the QR code located at the entrance of the museum or in the attached file in our web site. The application guides the user from one museum room to another. The user can not overlook exhibition rooms. So we are absolutely sure that, by completing the application, he has visited the whole permanent exhibition. The questions are short and have a certain length of time to pass information and not to tire the user.
- This application was developed to be an interactive and amusing guide for visitors and a marketing tool for our museum. Our visitors have the opportunity to discover our collections in a new way through questions, puzzles and games.
The project was specially designed for the Museum by the “Anaptyxis Development Team”, a group of graduates students (Applied Informatics School, University of Macedonia for free supported by our expertises). Museum of Byzantine culture has been Source of inspiration for the application’s design.
Evidence of success
We have multiplied our visitors (Museum , Web page and Social Media) 10% - 25%
Potential for learning or transfer
Goals of this application are a good example for the development of other projects
▪ Developing a simple and easy way to use app.
▪ Prompting museum visitors to seek and learn about the exhibits interactively.
▪ Developing a navigation assistant.
▪ Testing visitors’ knowledge and observation.
▪ Making school trips more educational & memorable.
▪ Providing multilingualism
▪ Downloadable & customizable for other museums
▪ Ability to upload scores and compete against other visitors
▪ Statistics on the learning outputs
▪ Sharing experiences at Museum (social media)
Please login to see the expert opinion of this good practice.